Panama Pensionado Visa (Retirees Program) – Information for US Residents
Thinking about retiring to Panama, well this article will give you a very specific idea of the process to do so.
You will be asked to authenticate the following documents through a Consulate of Panama in the US (do this before your visit):
* Original Birth Certificate
* Proof of Income – notarized
* Original Marriage Certificate, if applicable.
* Police Record Check – notarized
* Copy of your passport (every page) – notarized
The US Consulate in Washington can authenticate each document for US$30.00. To file an application, you must do so through an immigration lawyer in Panama. The Pensionado program is designed for retirees living on pension programs. This program grants alien the right to reside in Panama indefinitely if the applicant demonstrates an income on pension of only US$1,000.00 per month and $250.00 for each dependent. This program covers applicant, spouse and children under the age of 18. To file the application you can travel to Panama on a tourist visa, which can be obtained at the Customs desk at the International Airport in Panama City when you arrive. The US$5 tourist card is now valid for up to 90 days.
Just to make sure you have all the necessary documentation, the complete requirements are as follows:
* You must apply in Panama
* You must be at least 18 years old
* Your application must be processed by a Panamanian attorney
* Power of attorney
* Registration Form. To obtain this form applicant must go in person to the Immigration Office in Panama City.
* Letter from a private company or public entity stating your condition of pensioner and amount received per month in original and notarized. You must have a verifiable minimum monthly income of US$1000.00 from a government program or private corporation. This could be Social Security or another government retirement fund, such as military, state retirement, police pension, etc., or retirement from a private corporation.For your spouse or minor children, your minimum income must be increased by US$250.00 per month per dependent
* Proof of the amount received duly authenticated by apostille seal or Panamanian Consulate. The fee for the authentication of documents by the Panamanian Consulate in Washington D.C. is US$30.00 per document.
* Health certificate issued by Panamanian Doctor * Certificate of good conduct (Police record) issued by the authorities at the place of residence during the last five years duly authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate or by Apostille
* If you are single, go to your local court and ask for a bachelorhood certificate. If none is available, a notary public can certify this in the presence of two witnesses. The document will have to be authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate.
* Four photographs * Photocopy of passport, all pages including cover, notarized and authenticated by Panamanian Consulate
* Sworn statement about personal background. This is done in Panama through a lawyer.
* Original passport * You need to physically be in Panama when the visa is issued
If you are married and want to include your family, also provide:
* Power of Attorney * Marriage certificate duly authenticated by apostille seal or Panamanian Consulate
* Certificate of good conduct of wife and children over 18 years old during the last five years, notarized and duly authenticated.
* Birth certificate of children duly authenticated by Panamanian Consulate.
* Photocopy of passport.
* 4 photographs of each dependent.
* Health certificate issued by a Panamanian doctor
* Sworn statement about personal background done through a lawyer.
* Responsibility Letter duly notarized and authenticated by Panamanian Consulate All documents issued abroad must be duly authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate or stamped with Apostille BEFORE submitting paperwork to your attorney in Panama.
Considered to be among the best retirement programs in the world, the Panama Pensionado program offers excellent incentives such as:
* Import tax exemption for household goods* Tax exemption to import a new car every two years* 25% discounts on utility bills* 25% discount on airline tickets and 30% on other transportation* 20% discount on doctor’s bills 15% on hospital services if no insurance applies* 15% off dental and eye exams* 10% discount on medicines* 20% discount on bills for professional and technical services* 50% discount on entrance to movie theaters, cultural and sporting events* 50% discount at hotels during Monday to Thursday, 30% on weekendsLimitations: Holders of this visa are not allowed to work in Panama as employees, however then can open their own companies.Our in house lawyer can assist you in obtaining this visa. The Panama Club offers very competitive fees and complete personal attention in assisting you with your relocation process.Contact Information:email@example.com +507-836-6542 / 43 (Panama)1-(305)-503-9957 (USA)